Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Little Bit of Shakin' Goin' On


Steve and I felt an earthquake today, around 12:30. I thought it was just the couch wiggling like it does when the washer is doing the spin cycle, but then I realized the washer wasn't on. Plus, an artsy thing hanging on the wall rattled a bit.

Later, I looked on the USGS Recent Earthquakes page and found that there actually was a decent-sized earthquake (3.2) at that time, near Hilo.

Kind of cool.

The rest of today has been pretty relaxed. Steve worked this morning, while the boys and I shopped a little and hit the library for a new stash of books and videos. By the way, if there is something you want me to bring back for you from Hawai'i, you need to be making your requests soon. We have to leave this paradise in 8 days.

Tonight we are headed to dinner with the Turpens. Not sure where we're going yet, but I'm sure it will be good.

The Turpens leave tomorrow night, about the same time that Evelyn (my mom) arrives. Plus, it will be fireworks night! Yippee! I hope to be able to see them from the deck at the house.

My pics today are from earlier in our trip. The top one was taken by David and overlooks the snorkeling beach that the boys love. The second one is a shot of the boys during their dolphin class.

No comments: